What's Going on Now

Happy summer!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Read some blog posts, look at some of the information in the pages, sign up for the newsletter, or just say you were here. Want to ask a question or make a suggestion? Go for it. You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook. I'd love to get to know you!






Sunday, October 26, 2014

Doors and Windows

10-26-14

Let's face it. Many times in life we don't know exactly where we are headed or how to get there. Life is like taking a guided road trip where we are only positive we are trying to reach Heaven. The road we travel has twists and turns with plenty of options to change direction. But what do we do? Do we never turn off the road we are on, even if it looks like we are going over a cliff? Or do we take every side road that looks good?





We depend on our Guide. He knows where we are going and how to get us there. So let's let Him lead us. I think the hardest thing for me about letting myself be led is wondering if I'm being told to act and missing it. Then I start thinking about the times I have felt it was abundantly clear what I am supposed to do. For instance, I had two options for graduate school. The night before one interview there was an ice storm that shut down the interstate I would have traveled. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe God didn't bring the ice storm on my account. Maybe He arranged the timing of my interview to use the ice storm. However it happened I believe God put me where He wanted me to be.

There are other examples, but suffice it to say that when God wanted me to stay where I was, doors didn't open. When He was ready for me to move, if I didn't take the hint, He became more persistent. The transitions are absolutely not easy, but they are necessary.

When the fog rolls in and our view is shortened in the murky oblivion, let's not panic. Just like when you are driving and can only see what is right in front of you, we don't have to see the entire course of our lives spreading out in front of us. In fact, we aren't supposed to. Then what use would faith be? I believe God shows us what we need to see when we need to see it. He has a plan, and that's all that matters.

When a door closes behind us God will open another door to walk through. Or a window big enough to climb through. Or sometimes a skylight so that, ready or not, we learn to fly.

May The Lord bless and keep you,

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being here! Cooks love to see second portions taken, and bloggers love to see comments/follows/shares. It lets me know you were here and liked what you saw! Or that you cared enough to tell me you didn't like it... So, chime in and tell me where you stand.